Friday, September 9, 2011

--> Book Review: A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott <--





Title: A Job From Hell
Author: Jayde Scott
Number of Pages: 297
Series: Ancient Legends (#1)
Published: Published May 1st 201 (first published April 30th 2011)
URL: click here
Source: Given to read from Author






Buy this book --> Amazon | B&N | Smashwords




Goodreads info -

In a world of love bonds, rituals, dark magic, ancient enemies and immortals, nothing is as it seems and no one can be trusted. 

Seventeen-year-old Amber enters the paranormal world by chance when her brother, Dallas, sets her up with a summer job in Scotland. Dallas has spied something in the woods he thinks could make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But instead of finding riches, Amber unknowingly enters a paranormal race—and promptly wins the first prize—a prize for which many would kill. Soon, she discovers her new boss, Aidan, didn’t employ her for her astounding housekeeping skills and he isn't who he claims to be either. 

As the dark forces slowly conspire against Amber, her naivety and love for Aidan catapults her into a calamitous series of otherworldly events. With every immortal creature hunting for her, whom can she trust with her life?



My Thoughts: ( I rate this book 3.5 Stars )


After being asked to read her book A Job From Hell by the author Jayde Scott I was excited to dive into her book and was pleasantly surprised by the story-line and Jayde's style of writing. I found myself being engrossed by the plot of this book, a very unique idea. In the beginning of the book the reader finds out that someone has placed a ad in the paper for a live-in house-keeper while although the main character Amber only thinks she is going to be cleaning someone home and some light cooking she comes to soon find out that she is working for a super hot vampire which is more that what she bargains for. It's one thing to live and work for someone like Aiden but to find out one mistake that happened in the woods near his mansion will end up leading to a Amber possessing  a rare gift. In which the whole story progresses into a fun, fast and very entertaining paranormal love story. I loved Aiden's character and how the author had me feeling he was truly in love with Amber with no doubt even when Amber herself did not see how she could feel that way towards a vampire, much less someone she did not know well. I did find Amber a bit whiny. I know she was going though a lot, especially after being tossed into this whole new world of ideas and people that she never dreamt would be real but I felt like she was being a bit of a whiner, and I did not care for that to much.  I did really enjoy that this book was not strictly vampires but had another paranormal creature added. This was able to hold my attention and enjoy reading more each day. I do love the ending of the book and that I know there will be a second book to enjoy and find out what will happen next. The ending leaves you at a fun cliffhanger dying to know what will happen to Amber, Aidan and their friends. I am very happy to have read such a enjoyable book and do my review. Jayde, I do ever so look forward to reading the next one, and find out what happens next.  I would recommend A Job From Hell to anyone YA to adults. 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my book and for the awesome review, Beckie. Much appreciated. Wishing you a fantastic start to the new week. Jayde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this book. I am looking forward to reading. I only skimmed the review so I can read and review it later with a fresh mind. I will fully read yours after I read mone :)
    New follower.
    Check out the cool Twilight guest post on my blog :)
    Books&Beyond

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian