Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mini Review: Marrow by Tarryn Fisher


Title:
Marrow
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Kindle, 296 pages
Published: April 10th 2015
Publisher: N/A
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance, Thriller, Mystery
Source: Bought via Amazon



In the Bone there is a house.

In the house there is a girl.

In the girl there is a darkness.

Margo is not like other girls. She lives in a derelict neighborhood called the Bone, in a cursed house, with her cursed mother, who hasn’t spoken to her in over two years. She lives her days feeling invisible. It’s not until she develops a friendship with her wheelchair-bound neighbor, Judah Grant, that things begin to change. When a neighborhood girl, seven-year-old Neveah Anthony, goes missing, Judah sets out to help Margo uncover what happened to her.

What Margo finds changes her, and with a new perspective on life, she’s determined to find evil and punish it–targeting rapists and child molesters, one by one.

But hunting evil is dangerous, and Margo risks losing everything, including her own soul.
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo 

This book was seriously messed up just like other Tarryn Fisher books, and I therefore crown her the queen of all beautifully messed up stories.

When I started reading Marrow, I had no idea what I was getting into - I didn't read the synopsis nor check out the categories that it was under. So naturally, I was thrown off guard by what this book is about. I expected a messed up romance, but what I got was a psychological thriller.

Margo is a vigilante - she hunts down murderers, rapists and child abusers. The main character is messed up, and the story is gory. To be honest, I wouldn't have read this book had I known that. I found it hard to get into this book at first, but after a while, I got used to the story and I started getting into it. However, I still wasn't completely having fun because I was just completely thrown off guard.

I must say, the twist in the end really made me like the book more. It was very unexpected but at the same time made so much sense. I didn't like that there were still questions left unanswered in the end of the book, but overall this story is enjoyable.
2 stars. Ah, it's okay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian