Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #33: A Madness So Discreet & Very in Pieces

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week, I'm waiting on...


A Madness So Discreet
by Mindy McGinnis
Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: October 6th 2015 by Katherine Tegen Books
Genre: YA - Historical > Mystery Thriller



Grace Mae knows madness.

She keeps it locked away, along with her voice, trapped deep inside a brilliant mind that cannot forget horrific family secrets. Those secrets, along with the bulge in her belly, land her in a Boston insane asylum.

When her voice returns in a burst of violence, Grace is banished to the dark cellars, where her mind is discovered by a visiting doctor who dabbles in the new study of criminal psychology. With her keen eyes and sharp memory, Grace will make the perfect assistant at crime scenes. Escaping from Boston to the safety of an ethical Ohio asylum, Grace finds friendship and hope, hints of a life she should have had. But gruesome nights bring Grace and the doctor into the circle of a killer who stalks young women. Grace, continuing to operate under the cloak of madness, must hunt a murderer while she confronts the demons in her own past.

In this beautifully twisted historical thriller, Mindy McGinnis, acclaimed author of Not a Drop to Drink and In a Handful of Dust, explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil—and the madness that exists in all of us.  

Note from me:
Oh my gosh! Look what I found on Goodreads today! Ahhh! Why did I not see this one before? I am SO excited about reading it. Also kind of sad since it's Oct when the book comes out. *boo hoo* :( Other than that, doesn't Mindy's newest novel sound amazing??!! 
I love a good thriller, and this one sounds super creepy!




Hillary's is waiting on....


Very in Pieces 
by Megan Frazer Blakemore
Number of Pages: 320
Expected publication: September 29th 2015 by HarperTeen
Genre: YA - Contemporary


Very Sales-Woodruff is done being a good girl. Done being the only responsible one in a family that’s unraveling. Done being the obliging girlfriend in a relationship that’s sinking. Done saying no to what she wants—like Dominic, her rebellious classmate.

With her mom’s drinking, her dad’s extended absences from home, and her younger sister, Ramona, running wild, the path Very has always seen for herself doesn’t seem to matter anymore. At the same time, Very’s grandmother, a poet known less for her work and more for her exploits with the likes of Andy Warhol and Arthur Miller, is slipping away.

If everything else can fall to pieces, why can’t she?

Note from Hillary:
This book sounds simply interesting. Something about the synopsis draws my attention and likewise the cover too. I look forward to getting a copy of this one as soon as I can. C:


What book(s) are YOU waiting on this Wednesday?
Leave us a comment. We would love to know. :)

8 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for a Madness so Discreet! It sounds so creepy and awesome which is right up my alley! Awesome pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited for A Madness so Discreet the firs time I saw the cover and saw who the book was from. Can't wait to have a copy in my hands! :D

      Delete
  2. I like the cover of the first book, it's quite catchy - great picks :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is creepy in such a good way. And the hand at the bottom gives me the chills. Thanks for commenting Benish! :)

      Delete
  3. Very in pieces looks like the kinds of book I would read, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Very in Pieces! Thanks for commenting Naomi! n_n

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for a madness so discreet as well I loved her other books and this one looks creeppyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of either of these, but I love the cover on the first one! My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian