Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review by Hillary: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead


Title: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Publishing Company: Razorbill
Genre: YA—Paranormal Romance
Pages: 420
Released: November 19th 2013



Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.



Usually after I read a Richelle Mead book I feel so empty. You may be asking why and here’s the reason: her books just get to me so much it’s not even funny. Ever since I first stumbled upon her books back in high school (thanks to some friends) I haven’t been able to turn back and I wouldn’t want to either. Something about the way Richelle writes just engrosses me so much I get absorbed into the story and books wholeheartedly. I love her books and I love how she writes. Not only is Richelle a great writer, but she’s also been a great teacher to me. I learn more and more great writing techniques each time I finish one of her books. The Fiery Heart was definitely no exception.

I remember after reading The indigo Spell that I felt so content with the way things ended in that book (well some of the things) that it felt like I could release a breath I’d been holding in the whole time. The first three books in the series definitely left things up in the air because you don’t really know what’s going to happen. There was always questions like, is Sydney really going to follow her heart and finally be with Adrian? Is Sydney really going to be able to leave the Alchemists that she’s known her whole life? Will Sydney be able to face the consequences if the Alchemists ever find out? That last question plays a major part in The Fiery Heart and I think it only got worse because Zoe, Sydney’s younger sister, was there the whole time watching everything and anything Sydney did. I was constantly on the edge of my seat worried about what would happen if Zoe found out what Sydney was really up to (I was almost tempted to pull my hair out or screaming in frustration). We end up finding out exactly what Zoe does in the fourth installment and I couldn’t have been more caught off guard by her actions than I was.

In The Fiery Heart we return to where we last left off. Sydney finally accepted her feelings for Adrian and has let herself be with him, Adrian returns Sydney’s feelings wholeheartedly and embraces every little chance they can be together (without getting caught), Angeline broke up with Eddie because she was attracted to Trey but Trey is having a hard time knowing if he wants to be with her or not since he’s conflicted over his feelings about returning to the Warriors of Light, Jill and Angeline both feign interest in the new guardian named Neil, Eddie is more focused on doing what he has to and watching out for his friends, and Zoe watches out for Sydney like a hawk the entire book which always exasperated me (okay, maybe more than exasperate). Everyone is back and while things may have felt like a mess in the third book, things started resolving and made everything more manageable. Sydney finally decides on two things, but one of those things would totally help out with the anti-Alchemists (or the “merry men” as Adrian calls them).
The fourth installment of the Bloodlines series was definitely and utterly the best yet. I was always at the edge of my seat, waiting to see what happened next. It was like riding through a maze. Sometimes you would keep going straight and all of a sudden a sharp turn would be thrown you’re way, making you turn left or right depending on what surprise was thrown in the first place. The new and old characters manage to make you feel as though their real. Sometimes I’m seriously absorbed in these books that I feel like if I go to Palm Springs I might be able to find and meet them in person. That would be so awesome! And the plot lines definitely increase in this fourth book.

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead was the best yet. I’m definitely excited for Silver Shadows to come out next year. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on that book! I wish I could go into the future just to bring a copy back with me into the present so I could read the book ahead of time. That’s how desperate I am to read the fifth installment. I’m sure other fans out there of this series feel the same way and I feel so much sympathy for everyone. I can definitely relate to how everyone is feeling. Richelle Mead definitely delivered in this book, cleverly and expertly. I like that things feel so subtle at times then BAM! A surprise comes out of nowhere. If you’re asking what I’m talking about you’re going to have to go get a copy of this book ASAP because I’m keeping my mouth shut, though it’s a hard fight. I feel like yelling what happens at the top of my lungs but unlike me, I’m sure others prefer to be surprised. The writing was immaculate like always and all of the characters voices resonated through my mind the way that their supposed to (thankfully). The character growth was also very impressive and I cannot wait to see how much they grow in book five and six. I’m pretty sure the growth will be even more impressive then. I hope all of you who have or haven’t started this series run out to get these books and read them because if not you’re definitely missing out. This is a one-of-a-kind story you do not want to miss and I hope I’ve convinced all of you enough to believe me. I hope you’re emotions become topsy-turvy as mine did in each book and in The Fiery Heart and I cannot wait to find out what other fans of the series are saying about the story. I’ll definitely be looking out for more reviews on this book.


*Quotes That Made Me Crack Up*

“’They’d send us off to our mentors and lock us away. No boys. No temptation. Lose your virginity, girl, and you lose half you magic…’ She finally paused to catch her breath and drink more tea. I made a point of studying her teacup because I knew if I looked at Adrian, I was going to start laughing.” (pg. 60)

“She strode off without another word or glance. All three of the guys stared after her, making no attempt to hide their lascivious looks. Sydney and I had experienced many things in our relationship, but this was the first time I’d ever felt such consuming hostility toward other guys. I wanted to punch them all.” (pg. 261)


Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!!


Special Guest: Book Reviewer:
Hillary
Find Hillary @
Goodreads | Twitter | 
Hillary currently lives in Fontana, California and sometimes wishes she lived in a rainier place. When out of her world of fiction and music, college homework becomes part of her focus and so does worrying about exams. She still manages to find plenty of time to read YA books and hopes to have a room full of books like some authors are fortunate to have. Hillary is currently working toward earning a degree in English, but in the meantime she is content to help a very kind book blogger known as Beckie from Bittersweet Enchantment. Hillary hopes to become a well-known author one day, but currently writes small stories whenever she has time.


Thank you Hillary for your spectacular review! :) 



1 comment :

  1. Thanks Beckie for posting up my review for The Fiery Heart! This one has to be one of my favorites yet! I hope you've read the books too and understand how I'm feeling about the series ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian