Thursday, December 5, 2013

4th Annual *Holiday #Readathon*: Goals and Updates




4th Annual

Holiday Read-a-Thon is hosted by Liza @ WhoRuBlog


Runs from December 6th-8th - Sign ups are OPEN

Hashtag: #Readathon

Hey everyone! I am super excited to be participating in this read-a-thon. I just found out about it from a friend a few days ago, and of course those who know me here know I love doing read-a-thons. It's a fun way to challenge myself to read more books, although I am 96% into my goodreads reading Goal for 2013. 144/150 books. So close! 

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Beckie has read 144 books toward her goal of 150 books.


The main reason I am joining in for this read-a-thon is because as a part of the event each reader will be donating/helping others who are less fortunate for the holiday season. 

Here is what I am choosing to do :
  • For each page I read I will be donating 1 cent to the salvation army. 
  • For each page I read I will be donating 1 minute to volunteering at my local homeless shelter feeding the hungry. 
  • For each book I read I will be donating a bag of food to our local food bank. 




Time Devoted to Reading:
  • I will be reading from the 6th-8th.

Goals:
  • Read 1-2 Books.
  • Do mini-challenges. 
  • Keep up with daily updates. 
  • Be more proactive with commenting on others blogs.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Meets new people, make friends but most of all have fun!

Books I will be reading - 

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa 
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Day One UpdatesDecember 6th, 2013
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Money/Time To-Be Donated:

Day Two UpdatesDecember 8th, 2013
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Money/Time To-Be Donated:

None completed yet



Holiday Read-A-Thon starts tomorrow! Will you be joining?
Be sure to come back to THIS page and check up on my progress. 

2 comments :

  1. Beckie, I love how organized you are! Very cool. Happy reading. I loved IRON TRAITOR and The 5th Wave is on my to-read list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liza. I try, hehe. ;) I am so loving The Iron Traitor. Can't wait to read The 5th Wave. Hope you enjoy your books too!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian