Saturday, November 5, 2011

--> Book Review: Unlovable By Sherry Gammon <--




Title: Unloveable
Author: Sherry Gammon
Number of Pages: 307
Series: Port Fare #1
Published: January 19th 2011 by Wordpainting Unlimited Inc 
Source: Given to read from Author (e-book)
Star Rating:  ★★★★ 

Port Fare, New York, has fallen into the clutches of true evil. The Dreser brothers have arrived with a scheme to increase drug sales in the area by whatever means possible. Seth Prescott is part of MET (Mobile Enforcement Teams) a branch of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). He's been assigned to work undercover at Port Fare High, and things aren't going very well, until senior Maggie Brown enters the equation. He's harbored a secret crush on her from day one, and now that she is in the center of the case, he's trying to stay clear and objective while walking the line between business and unrequited love. 
Maggie is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes, but is she an addict, or is there another reason for her appearance? She struggles with her feelings for Seth, fearing he is just another person who will eventually let her down, as everyone in her life has done thus far. Maggie has spent her life caring for her alcoholic mother. A task that has left her heavily burdened and alone. Before long, her mother's health takes a turn for the worst, sending Maggie's life into a tale-spin. 
While Seth works relentlessly to inject fear into the dealers and flush them out into the open, Maggie fights to stay alive as the hunt turns deadly. 
Seth and Maggie's romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak, and self-discovery.

My Thoughts:


Wow, wow, Wow, this book is the whole package of greatness! The cover of the book is simply amazing, and the book itself was even better. I so fell in love with this book! Unlovable went above and beyond my expectations for this book. A few months ago I added this book to my TBR pile on Goodreads and a couple days later hear from the author Sherry Gammon asking me to read her book. I will saw I said yes to her asking me mostly what the cover looked like but little did I know I would find a pure treasure! This book will touch your heart.  The story of a unlovable girl and a boy who came along to change that. 


Maggie believes she is a unlovable nothing, and why not her Mother reminds her of this everyday.  Maggie was a accident, she was never supposed to be born. Although her Mother Barbara kept the baby she treats her daughter, Maggie like dirt. Maggie grew up feeling unloved and she has always taken care of her Mother never the less. Maggie's mother is always drunk and never shows any kindness to her. Maggie still tries to have a life, go to school, make friends... one day the hottest guy in her school begins to take a interest in her and Maggie does not understand why. 


Seth who is a undercover cop working with MET (Mobile Enforcement Teams) a branch of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) is now given the assignment to get to know Maggie better. Befriend her, and somehow see if her Mother is involved somehow. Seth and his partner Booker need to find a family of drug dealers in Port Fare. Maggie does not understand why Seth has taken a new interest in her. Who could like or love someone like her? Maggie soon will find out through out the course of the story someone does. 


As Seth and Maggie get to know each other better they begin to have intense feeling for each other, but little do they know everything is about to change...


I found this book to just tear at my heart string. There is such wonderful passion and love within this story.  Seth and Maggie's love story is so pure and beautiful. The book has such a great story. I love it when I can come across a book that just makes me feel good while reading it.  Unlovable is simply one of those books. When I was done reading it, I wanted to pick it up and read it again. The author, Sherry Gammon has written a timeless love story. Her writing style is exquisite and graceful. I love each and every page of her book and would strongly recommend Unlovable to anyone who adores a epic love story. You will not be disappointed.


3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much! What a beautiful review!! I am very grateful. If you would like to do a giveaway and/or and interview, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds really good! I have a book called Between with the same cover - weird! I love it though. Fantastic review

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beckie thanks for reviewing. I have to review too and didn't really know what it was about. Thanks for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian