Sunday, October 2, 2016

RIP sweet angel, Nikki! + Welcome my new addition, Paris!


With extreme sadness, I'm here today to talk about the loss of my best friend and furbaby, Nikki. Almost a month I had to make one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make, to put to sleep my 18-year-old min-pin, Nikki. Her health had been deteriorating slowly over the last year. She was almost blind, deaf, had trouble walking, was not eating much, and sleep almost 22 hours a day. I know she was in pain too and it broke my heart to see her dealing with all of this every day. As I type this there are tears swimming in my eyes. I miss her so much. My heart aches every day not being able to see her anymore and give her hugs and kisses. Nikki was there for my through all the hardships I've had to endure over the last several years, never leaving my side. I cry and remain grieving every day. It has gotten easier but I still feel like a piece of my heart is missing. 

I just got back her ashes a few days ago and of course was a blubbering mess. I am trying to save up to buy this Personalized Cremation necklace. It's been hard since I've had to spend hundreds of dollars on euthanasia fee's among other money spent. 
This is one of the main reasons why I've not blogged in a while. I just needed some time to grieve. 

Here are some pics of my beautiful angel, Nikki. 
 

When one door closes in your life, another one will open...

I love that quote, don't  you? Little did I know a new door had already started to open before I lost my Nikki. Three days before I put Nikki to sleep we were out for a walk. I've just recently moved into a home instead of an apartment and my mailbox is near the side of the road. I didn't like walking Nikki up there since she had trouble seeing and I didn't want her to get hit or anything but on this day she seemed to be leading me up in that direction, almost pulling me there. Well once I get up there near my mailbox I see a box sitting at the side of the road and was shocked to find a kitten inside. He was abandoned by whomever and covered in fleas, and thin. I knew right then I needed to rescue this poor thing and find a good home for him. I ended up dropping him off at a friend's house who would foster him until a perfect home could be found. On the day before I decide to put Nikki to sleep my Mother and Father call to tell me that I can keep the kitten if I want. I seriously went into shock, because of my finances it had been difficult to pay for Nikki's needs and my parents have been helping out some. So to be told I can keep this little sweetheart was an amazing feeling. I have never owned a cat before much less a kitten. I've always had dogs for pets. This a whole new world for me and I'm so loving it!! He has made losing Nikki easier and helped me through my grief. 

Without further ado, please help me in welcoming my new 4-month-old kitten 
PARIS!








2 comments :

  1. Beckie, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my baby of 18 years, 3 years ago and it's still a sore spot with me. I had her since I was a little girl and it was so hard having to say goodbye to her. It's interesting how things work out though with Nikki and Paris. That kitty is one lucky lil furball. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, Beckie. Paris is adorable. What a wonderful little addition to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian