Sunday, May 3, 2015

My heart is broken! (sad news) | Small Hiatus

Hello everyone! 

The wonderful woman who I thought of as my second Mother, my Grandma passed away yesterday. She was 94 years old. For the past few months her health has been declining and most recently she was told she would have only a few short months to live. Well after 1 week of being given this bad news from her doctor she passed silently into the night, dying in her sleep. My family and I are heartbroken. I feel like my heart is missing a piece leaving me with a deep feeling of sadness and grief. I haven't be able to stop crying much for the last day and a half. While I know she is with God, her husband, and her parents/siblings I long for one last hug, one last kiss, one final goodbye. These I will never get again but I know one day hopefully a long time from now I will see her again. 

My Grandma's name was Lorriane Esther Voigts and she to me was one of the most kind-hearted, gentle, selfless, loving souls I have ever meet. She loved with her WHOLE heart and would do anything for the ones she loved. Everyone she ever meet loved her right from the start. Now she can be a angel in heaven watching over me, her family and all of those who loved her so. I could sit here and fill pages and pages about my Grandmother and how special of a person she was. While I'm deeply saddened and broken from this event I know in my heart completely she is home with her maker, where she belongs. She will never be in anymore pain or suffering. The one thing I can take comfort from is this and knowing one day we will see each other again. 

I love you so much, Grandma - Heart and Soul forever, and ever! 


My family and I are driving up with Illinois for her wake and funeral. She will be buried next to her husband, side by side. I will be gone for a week or two and will not be able to blog/post anything!! I hope everyone understand and I will see you all when I get back home to NC. Please if you would pray for us. I KNOW these next several days will be the hardest time in my whole life. 

Thank you for reading!
- Beckie

UPDATE: 5/4/2015 - There are a post or two that will be going up because they are already scheduled to but other than that there will be no other blog posts until I get  back home from IL. Also I will not be checking emails often so please anyone who has emailed me or will understand I won't be replying. 

7 comments :

  1. Condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own grandmother a couple of years ago, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced. My thoughts are with you and your family right now--just stay strong and try to remember all of the love and happiness she brought to you (that's what got me through it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, she died at peace which makes things better. She must have been a lovely women, wishing you and your relatives well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing someone is always hard. I can only imagine what you're feeling when not much time has passed from losing someone else not even a year ago...I hope you're holding up well and just know your grandmother will always look after you from above! Don't forget that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Your grandma sounds Ike a wonderful lady , and at 94, in sure she lived a rich life. She will be missed for sure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian