Monday, August 18, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 11 - Goals & Updates!

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

Welcome to Bout of Books 11!

Runs August 18th - August 24th.
Sign up: HERE 
Twitter hashtag: #Boutofbooks


It's time once again for another Bout of Books read-a-thon. YAY! *claps* This is my 9th one I've participated in in the past few years and if you've never done one you're surely missing out. They are so much fun! It's a great way for me to challenge myself to read more than I normally do. Plus, I love the giveaways and of course sharing my updates via Twitter and with you all as well.


On this post you will find what books I will be reading throughout the week, my goals and daily updates. I will be updating THIS post each day, so check back often to see what's new. I may do a few other posts throughout the week to recap. Also all mini-challenges I complete will be at the bottom of this post.  For more hourly updates, I will be posting on my twitter account.  @SyCo4Twilight using the hashtag #boutofbooks







Time Devoted to Reading:
  • I will be reading from the August 18th - August 24th. 

Goals:
  • Read 3-6 Books.
  • Do mini-challenges. 
  • Keep up with daily updates. 
  • Visit & leave comments on Bout of Books participants blogs.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Join in on Twitter chats and make new friends. ;)

Books I will be reading - 

Forget Me by K.A. Harrington
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
The Fourth Wish by Lindsay Ribar 
Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff 





Day One UpdatesAugust 18th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 

Day Two UpdatesAugust 19th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Three UpdatesAugust 20th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Four UpdatesAugust 21st, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Five UpdatesAugust 22th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Six UpdatesAugust 23rd, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Seven UpdatesAugust 24th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 





Bout of Books Scavenger Hunt @ The Book Monsters

1. A Book that begins with “B”  (for Bout of Books!)
2. A book that has been made into a movie/tv show
3. A series you love
4. An anthology of poems or short stories
5. A book on your TBR shelf, or your full TBR shelves

1. BORN WICKED

2. Divergent 

3. Medusa Girls series

4. Grim

5. Incarnate 



Book Playlist Challenge @ LuLo FanGirl

I choose the book The Fourth Wish by Lindsay Ribar. Here are the songs on my playlist. 

1. Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera
2. My Wish by Rascal Flatts
3. Three Wishes by The Pierces
4. Do You Believe In Magic by The Lovin' Spoonful
5. I'm Wishing by Snow White 



Recreate a Cover Challenge @ Spines & Covers

Here is the book I used:

MY COVER RE-DO
- done with items from around the house and edited in Paintshop - 





5 Book Challenge | Post-Apoctolyptic Challenge 
hosted by Falling Down the book hole

There's been a Alien Invasion... 
Given the short amount of time you are only able to take 5 books with you. What books would you pick to take with you as you escape and prepare for the end of the world. Would you choose books that would help you survive in the post-apocalyptic world ,books for pleasure that would make you happy and take you to a fantasy reality or books that you can’t live without?

  1. First and foremost, The Bible. For obvious reasons of course. I'm a Christian and The book would help me through whatever came next.
  2. White Hot Kiss! I've recently read this one a week or so ago and was blown away by how awesome it was. I DEVOURED IT in hours! *sigh* Personally one of my favorites book of all time. 
  3. The Devouring by Simon Holt. Because it's another one of my favorite books and a book I would read over and over again. Super scary too. (a distraction, maybe?)
  4. Les Misérables. I've never read it but it's super long to I would have plenty to read or it could be used for a fire. haha!
  5. My Kindle. Does that count? 0_o Of course, that's WAY more than 5 books but of well. 






6 comments :

  1. Awesome to-read list! I also have Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne on my list, and I just finished reading Isla and the Happily Ever After before the read-a-thon started. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your re-creation of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I love how you used a shipping envelope! That was awesomely creative!! Totally beats my photoshop. :) You can see mine here.

    I'm reading Midnight Thief as well. You've got some other great books there to get through too. Good luck!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tressa! It was a lot of fun to work on. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for participating! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian