Saturday, March 5, 2011

--> Book Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer <--



TitleNightshade
Author: Andrea Cremer
Number of Pages: 452
Published: Published October 19th 2010 by Philomel
SeriesNightshade #1


GoodReads Info:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


My Thoughts: (I gave this book 5 Stars)

So I read this book a few weeks ago and just now writing this review.  Okay, I rarely say this but this may have been one of the best books I have read in a while. It started out a bit slow and as a reader you are just thrown into Calla and her packs lives. I was not sure how to find my way in the start of this remarkable book but once you do you will never want it to end. So Calla is a wolf who can shift at will, no waiting for a full moon. Calla is betroth to Ren. She is fine with this because she has always known Ren and the ways of there world. Until she meets Shay Doran while saving him from a bear.  Shay becomes the new boy in the school Calla attends, and soon they both find themselves falling for each other. Calla starts to question her world/laws and if she is meant to be with Ren.  Sexy, daredevil and cocky Ren, the alpha wolf of another pack, so by their union, its really important to unify both packs. So what does Shay mean? trouble, trouble, trouble…. In the story I struggled a LOT deciding if Calla should stay with Ren or Shay, but in the end I am glad who she has chosen. I did felt really BAD for Ren. It was as if, even though he and Calla were meant to be together, she never gave him a chance at love. I guess when one finds love they know nothing of wrong and right.  There are twist and tuns in this amazing book and I never knew what would happen next. Would Calla choose Shay and betray her pack and laws? Like the saying "All you need is Love". But will there love stand the test of time? I felt like this was a new and fun way to tell the classic Romeo and Juliet story, but but different...what will happen next? I guess I will have to wait until the next one. I know there some holes in my review about this book, but I do not want to giveaway more than I should.  Andrea Cremer is a awesome writer and know hold to tell a love story. Oh, and the cover of this book is soooo very pretty. I love all of the purple and glitter. A MUST read for anyone who likes  paranormal romance novels and wants to fall in love with Call, Ren and Shay and what lies head.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian