Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling


Title:
 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Author: J.K. Rowling
Paperback, 435 pages
Published: May 1st 2004
Publisher: Scholastic
Genre: MG - Fantasy



Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously? 
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is by far the best of the first three books. This book is the most exciting, and all the revelations that came about in this book made it a lot better. I rated this book 5 stars when I first read it, and I am once again giving it the 5 stars that it deserves.

I first read this series back when I was still in 6th grade - a time when I didn't know anything about writing reviews yet. Now that I'm a blogger, I worried that I might like this less because it's for MG or because the pattern of things is kind of repetitive. But after reading this book, I found myself loving it as much as I did the first time I read it. The world of Hogwarts never ceases to amaze me, and it would be really wonderful to be able to read this book again for the first time at this age.

The appearance of Sirius' character definitely made me love this book more since he's one of my favorite characters in the book. As I said a while ago, the revelations made this book more exciting and better. I love how this book brought about many emotions for me around the part where Sirius appeared and everything was revealed to Harry. Out of the three books, this is the only one that has managed to do that yet.

The Harry Potter series definitely is a must-read for adults, teenagers and kids alike.


Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!
This was a reread and I would reread it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian