Thursday, June 9, 2016

Review: Unlit Star by Lindy Zart

Title: Unlit Star
Author: Lindy Zart
Kindle, 258 pages
Published:  May 28th, 2014
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: YA - Romance - Contemporary



We are not guaranteed anything, not even this life.

Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star—bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different.

He falls far and he falls hard.

Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life's ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun.

Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo


"You're saying one day I'll be a butterfly,” he says skeptically. I look up. “I'm saying you've always been one.”

From its synopsis to its simple yet attractive book cover, Unlit Star caught my attention when I first found out about it. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now, and I was lucky enough to finally be sent an email regarding an Amazon book lender. As soon as I got the book, I started reading.

“Something remarkable can always be the result of something devastating, if you choose to find that one positive in a nest of negatives.”

At first I thought I was going to be disappointed by this book. I mean, the writing was beautiful, no doubt, and the story had a lot of potential. But the beginning was just too wordy - full of narratives - and a bit repetitive without revealing anything important. Then as I read on, I felt more and more into the book and I couldn't help but love it.
 “We always think we have more time and that is the wrong way to think, because time is something we never have enough of.”

This book is really amazing. The main story arc is simple and may be a bit cliché, but the whole story really is not like any other I've read. Delilah Bana is a confusing main character with her own very unique personality. She may not seem very realistic at times, but I sure do admire her! Oh, and Rivers! Rivers is such a smooth talker I just want to smack him sometimes, haha! Put these two together and I got an epic love story that made me laugh multiple times, making me look like an idiot in public a while ago.

“And isn't it weird that no one wants to change who they are, yet they aren't even trying to be themselves? Just a thought. We're all so focused on being somebody, and it's usually never the real us.”

Lindy Zart's writing style in this novel really amazed me. Her words flowed really smoothly, like a calm ocean. Everything really worked together and there so many uplifting, inspirational and relatable quotes. There were also so much feels, and the family element is not to be ignored. Both don't have perfect families, but what they have is pretty amazing. Lindy Zart has a powerful way of writing in a way that her one-liners drove so much impact. This book makes me think that I really should read her other works as well. 
 Totally Awesome! I loved it, would read again.



Here's also a handwritten typography of my favorite quote from the novel.






2 comments :

  1. That cover definitely catches my attention! :D I never heard about this book, but the synopsis sounds interesting. I hope it's not tfios-esque though. And the 2 &4 quotes really resonates with me :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tasya: It really is interesting! And nope, I don't think it's like TFiOs. I didn't really enjoy TFiOS but I really liked this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian